|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
ALTIVIA is looking for experienced Pipefitter/Welders to join it's maintenance team. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the employee will be responsible to perform various tasks as assigned. Tasks can include welding on and assisting in installation/maintenance of mechanical components and troubleshooting of pressure leaks on tanks, pumps, process equipment, water water treatment equipment, cooling towers, fuel systems, and piping. Duties include
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers
- Assembles and install a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings
- Being proficient in SMAW, GTAW welding processes stainless and carbon steel.
- Capable of producing welds that will meet NDE (non destructive examination) requirements.
- Perform layout of piping, create isometric drawings, ability to read and understand blueprints and P&ID'S.
- Willing to perform other duties outside of welding and fabricating.
- Candidate will have the ability to weld on tanks, pressure vessels, buildings and pipe, according to blueprints and metallurgy.
- Require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proven experience as a combination pipe welder
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects