|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
FT; 7:00a to 3:30 pm, Sat - Wed
We re searching for a Plant Engineer II, maintains, calibrates, inspects and repairs building equipment, services and systems. Tasks preformed comply with established guidelines stipulated by the NFPA, Joint Commission and the hospital. Licensed boiler operator, 3rd grade, with general service expertise in all mechanical equipment, building services and systems.
- Maintains all building equipment, services and systems including but not limited to boilers, generators, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, environmental, security systems. These systems support the operation of Children s Hospital, parking facilities and related locations. Completes building related equipment repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance as assigned.
- Recommends equipment repairs/replacement as necessary.
- Coordinate work to be done by outside companies/vendors.
- Documents repair and maintenance service activities including but not limited to detailed equipment repairs by equipment identification.
- Assists with maintenance of parts inventory and materials usage. Maintain working stock on hand and reorders parts as required.
- Holds reserve authority to initiate actions as required restoring to normal, or providing for emergency services from within/outside the hospital in the absence of higher authority.
- Coordinates activities with Methodist Hospital physical plant personnel as needed/requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of facility plant operations including operation of, and relationship of Boilers, Chillers, Air Handlers, and Compressors to the maintenance of a controlled building climate.
- Essential math and computer skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate s degree from an accredited technical/trade school or engineering college preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in the mechanical/electrical field required.
- Current and valid Third (3rd) Grade Engineers License required from the City of Omaha
- Other advanced certification or licensure (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration or other trade specialty) from an accredited local, state, national, or government entity that would be valuable to the healthcare maintenance and engineering industry. For example:
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) License by accredited technical institute
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVACR) License by accredited technical institute
- Refrigeration License through an EPA-certified institute
- Apprentice level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
- Journeyman level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
- Master level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid driver s license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record and ability to provide own transportation.