|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the division at the plant level. Establish, maintain and optimize an effective quality management system. Implement the division's quality plan at the plant level to achieve the divisions overall quality objectives. Enhance and improve the Division's products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Reports to the Plant Manager or Division Quality Manager. As management's representative for quality, manages department resources and coordinates the implementation of the quality management system between business units and locations to cost-effectively facilitate quality and compliance. Interacts routinely with all functional areas as well as with customers, field sales, regulatory agencies, division/group/corporate management, and suppliers.
- Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate/division policies.
- Works with the leadership team to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates necessary plant personnel for internal, customer and third party quality system audits.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of Quality, Engineering or related experience.
- Knowledge of International Standard ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QS-9000 as applicable for automotive sector).
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. ("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to and
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
About Parker Hannifin Corporation
Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow.
Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems. The company's engineering expertise spans the core motion and control technologies - electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic, fluid and gas handling, filtration, engineered materials, climate control, process control and aerospace.
Parker operates in 50 countries and employs approximately 56,000 people worldwide.
In fiscal year 2019, Parker had sales of $14.32 billion. For more information, visit the company's website at . Please view the attachment section for some positions we are actively recruiting at career fairs!