|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
S ituation in Organization
The Process Engineer reports to the Operations Manager. This position is responsible for process improvements involving new equipment, procedures and policies to positively impact the safety, cost, quality and reliability of the production unit and profitability of the business .
As part of the plant operations team, this person will collaborate with technical staff, business group, corporate technology and engineering consultants to provide process engineering support. The Process Engineer must be hands on and data focused, with the ability to work well with operators, plant maintenance teams, plant accounting and other multi-discipline teams. The Process Engineer will train and qualify as a Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt and drive Lean Six Sigma processes in the operation.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
70% Operations troubleshooting and process optimization:
- Regularly engage with operators on the plant floor to learn, optimize and troubleshoot process.
- Support new product development with production trial coordination and troubleshooting.
- Track OAU and AU; analyze data to suggest improvements.
- Update and maintain Process and Production Data collection systems (SAP and other Database systems).
- Drive standardization of process operation conditions and reduce process and measurement variability.
- Utilize Lean/Six-Sigma techniques to drive improvement into our processes and projects.
- Conduct and use MOC process to document and control process changes.
- Generate and revise operating procedures.
- Contribute to operator training programs.
- Develop and drive production cost improvement initiatives.
- Learn and improve process control systems.
30% General plant, quality and project support:
- Lead and contribute to capital and non-capital improvement projects throughout the Louisville site.
- Demonstrate project management skills, include Stage-Gate process.
- Develop and implement process and behavioral safety improvement projects.
- Guide and participate in quality and process upset investigations including root cause analysis.
- Develop and implement improvements in the quality control process and system.
- Support optimal performance of multiple production processes.
- Support continuous plant operations as needed for process and production issues.
- Generate operating procedures and conduct operator training.
- Participate during Process Hazard Analyses.
- Participate in reliability improvement teams.
- Support Loss Control policy, PSM, AIMS, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems.
All other duties as assigned.
Context and Environment
- This position is based in Louisville, KY.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements, industry best practices and internal policies.
- Travel to vendors, corporate offices and other Arkema plants may be required.
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Participates fully in the plant HES activities and programs(e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.).
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents.
Required Education/Qualifications/Work Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing, production or project engineering.
- Background in Project Management and Distributed Control Systems/PLCs preferred.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as respirators.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability and skill to understand and troubleshoot unit operations and define improvement to meet safety, environmental and production goals.
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Skilled database development and management skills.
- Ability to learn and use SAP programs and reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly motivated team player able to work at a fast pace.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.