|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Headquartered in Old Saybrook, CT, Infiltrator Water Technologies is the leading provider of engineered plastic chambers, synthetic aggregates, tanks, advanced wastewater treatment systems, and accessories for the onsite/decentralized wastewater and storm water management industries. The majority of Infiltrator products are manufactured from recycled plastic. Founded in 1987, we operate throughout the US and Canada with 8 manufacturing plants in the US, dedicated sales, and corporate team members. Infiltrator is a pioneer in innovative plastic technologies for underground water management. Infiltrator components are used in most onsite septic systems installed in the United States and Canada. Infiltrator is a proud Corporate Partner of Habitat for Humanity and each year donates components for 50 septic systems serving Habitat homes in North America. Infiltrator is committed to advancing the state of the art in all fronts, including product design, manufacturing, materials, wastewater science, marketing, management, and employee development. In other words, we strive to be the best we can be.
This position is responsible for working with our engineering teams to develop new product opportunities and develop a strategy for product implementation. The primary focus is to help develop new products in tangential market segments that will increase the opportunities for the company. This position is responsible for evaluating existing market opportunities and collaborating with other engineers in the company to develop products . The candidate will be a highly motivated product development engineer with a strong background in evaluating new markets and developing product solutions to meet latent needs.
Will report to VP of Engineering
No direct reports initially
- Collect primary and secondary market research as needed in order to gather key competitive information, market sizing, trends, channel requirements, etc. Analyze and report market research to team as required.
- Search for and identify opportunities to improve existing product lines as well as ways to enter new product categories, create new extensions, etc.
- Identify and integrate market research to determine the needs and goals of new product development.
- Work closely with engineering team in developing products from concept to launch, this will include assisting with brainstorming, features/benefits specifications, design input, prototype evaluation with market and assist in developing a business plan to release for capital approval.
- Act as voice of customer for all product development activities.
- Conceptualizing new product ideas by collaborating with IWT Engineering and manufacturing
- Testing products throughout the design process to troubleshoot any potential problems.
- Sampling different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances, and other factors to find the best ones that suit the new product brief.
- Fine-tuning designs until they are ready for production.
- Delivering product specifications and procedures to the manufacturing team for production purposes.
- Analyzing existing products to identify areas for improvement and updating current documentation.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- MBA, management degree or equivalent business experience, desired.
- 5+ years' experience in product development.
- Industry-specific product experience may be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and quality control protocols.
- Experience with 3D modeling software and report writing programs.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with teams of engineers and technicians.
- Proficient in presentations, technical reports, and situational analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.