|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
Provides engineering leadership in prototype support, sales support, product development, and manufacturing support to assigned customer platform/vehicle programs. Responsible for engineering and communicating all progress and concerns relative to designing and selling a well engineered, reliable, profitable and manufacturable product. Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to handle multiple tasks/programs.
MINIMUM POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
B.S. in mechanical engineering, plus a minimum of 3 years'releveant experience, 2 years of which are in automotive or relevant industry tube and hose products or a Master's Degree in mechanical engineering plus a minimum of 2 years of which are in automotive or relevant industry tube and hose products. Thorough knowledge of design, development of mechanical components and systems, working knowledge of test engineering, manufacturing operations, and engineering processes and procedures. High level of analytical ability. Knowledge of a/c, water, and/or fuel components and systems (heat transfer and thermodynamics). Knowledge of fundamental solid mechanics. Interactive management, program management, SPC, DFMEA, FEA. Well developed oral and written communication skills.
Able to meet product development schedules.
Manages quality disciplines for product development.
Team player for the product/process development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans and executes engineering programs within available time frame and resources.
· Releases final designs for manufacturing or purchasing, components and quantify timely product/process concern based on verification data.
· Requests and releases component and assembly drawings.
· Reviews all customer drawings: Develops product ideas and proposes design improvements. Determines HFMS standard parts and compliance of parts to customer specifications. Designs innovative, efficient components.
· Assigns new part numbers, establishes part names and creates bills of materials per HFMS standards and procedures.
· Initiates, reviews, and approves all ECRs in a timely manner for new or changed components and assemblies.
· Represents company in customer and supplier relationships. Reviews customer concerns with supervisor.
· Supports Sales and Program Management in areas of manufacturing feasibility, tooling requirements, and standard costing.
· Serves as local information resource for programs to: prototype group, purchasing department, manufacturing facilities.
· Supports plant engineers by initiating changes to customer prints which reflect manufacturing abilities.
· Creates, updates, and provides vital program launch engineering documents per HFMS, AIAG, and Customer requirements, i.e.:
- Timelines (engineering and testing)
- Prototype/sample orders (Helps to assure purchase orders are issued for samples)
- Test requests
- Problem solving
- Models and drawings
- DRA process
· Defines control characteristics on internal and customer drawings.
· Participates as integral member of the platform team representing Product Engineering and providing :
- Technical direction
- Launch assistance
- Resolution to open issues
- Sustain customer engineering satisfaction
· Plans, conducts, and leads problem solving sessions when necessary.
· Creates, researches, and determines feasibility of innovations, ideas, and VA/VEs.
· Assists in all engineering quoting activities.
· Support the safety and environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment for all employees and maintain compliance as well as ISO 14000 registration.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties or responsibilities to complete the project, task or program and meet timing. "The ability to travel as required within the US, Mexico, and Europe."
ADA RELATED SPECIFICATIONS ATTACHED
(Attach Additional Sheets if Necessary)
Reports to Director of Engineering, Engineering Manager, or Engineering Supervisor. Regularly interfaces with all technical functions across the company as well as Account Managers, Accounting/Cost, Purchasing, Sales, Suppliers, Customers and Operations personnel.