|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Production Supervisor I
Quincy Plant, 401 North Prince Plaza, Quincy, Illinois, United States
Prince is a world class producer of engineered additives for niche applications and is a value-added processing intermediary between large global raw material suppliers and end-market customers. Prince specializes in sourcing, processing/engineering, and distributing products in over 20 markets. Prince combines international sourcing and processing capabilities with in-depth customer knowledge, world-class engineering, and value-added distribution to deliver essential engineered solutions to diverse consumer and industrial markets.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the overall operational responsibilities for the facility.
- Views safety as a core value and manages accordingly
- Develops and implements safety policies in accordance with company protocol
- Assures adherence to safety procedures and work instructions in accordance with company protocol
- Promotes safety awareness through structured formats and associate communications
- Reviews safety performance and promotes continuous improvement
- Assures adherence to Federal, State, and Local regulations regarding safety and environmental compliance
- Sets housekeeping expectations for each factory
- Helps manage shift change
- Assures adherence to quality procedures and work instructions as scripted through ISO protocol and IFS
- Promotes quality awareness through structured formats and follow-ups
- Assists in proper investigation, root cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions of non-conforming product as well as incidents and accidents.
- Reviews quality performance and promotes continuous improvement
- Assures customer satisfaction through metrics and Management review protocol
- Designs, develops and implements production systems to meet customer requirements
- Manages production schedule to maximize efficiencies and satisfy customer requirements
- Manages materials to meet recognized production requirements and in accordance with inventory management practices
- Manages labor agreements and reconciliations
- Manages productivity and efficiencies using metrics and continuous improvement protocol
- Possesses and continuously develops knowledge of customer requirements and factory's ability to produce
- Must be an example to other employees in their safety, attendance and teamwork.
- Fills in for Production Manager when required
- Effectively communicates with associates and acts as mentor
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager and/or Plant Manager
- Ability to work flex shift, as needed
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Education and Additional Requirements
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good Computer Skills Required.
- Knowledge of inventory systems, quality systems, OSHA & EPA requirements, and ERP required.
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this Job, the employee will be in a plant/warehouse environment the majority of the time with moderate to high noise.
The company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
Prince provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.