|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
General Contractor with a 40 year track record and recognized as a leader in its industry has a position available for a Payroll Coordinator.
The Project Accounting Assistant is the primary liaison between Operations and Accounting, and provides Operations with information necessary to perform a construction project. The Project Accounting Assistant has immediate responsibility for administering all financial activities associated with Company projects, which includes among other duties contract billings to customers, payments to subcontractors and suppliers, and development of project cost forecasts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Review contracts and identify contractual terms for purposes of customer invoicing.
· Setup projects for billing in Excel and Sage 300 CRE software.
· Prepare excel monthly draw forms and provide required backup documentation, including job cost reports, change orders, change order logs, lien releases, etc.
· Ensure that customer billings occur on schedule and in conformity with contract requirements.
· Record client billings and cash receipts in Sage.
· Audit subcontractor and supplier invoices, and schedule them for approval and payment.
· Track preliminary notices, obtain lien waivers and ensure compliance with all contractual requirements prior to making payments to subcontractors and suppliers.
· Pay subcontractor and supplier invoices weekly pursuant to Company policy and procedures.
· Setup new subcontractors and suppliers in Sage.
· Balance vendor statements, ensuring all invoices and credit memos are posted.
· Prefer a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Project Accountant for a general contractor in the construction industry.
· Prefer substantial experience with all project-related components of Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate (CRE) software, including Accounts Payable, Project Management, and Job Cost modules.
· Ability to effectively employ all elements of Microsoft Office software, and especially proficient in the use of Excel.
· Strong work ethic with the ability to be a team player.
· Positive attitude, great customer service skills.
· Able to prioritize and multi-task while adhering to strict deadlines.
· Must have excellent follow-up on action items.
· Self-starter, able to work independently with little supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills.
· Goal oriented and well organized.
We offer a competitive salary, compensation/ benefits package and an excellent supportive work environment. Health/Dental/Life Insurance/Vacation/Paid Sick Time.