|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
Project Engineer I
Driven by Vision | Industrial-Strength Construction |Powered by Passion
What We Do
BMWC tackles the world's toughest and most daunting industrial construction challenges. Our work encompasses an array of industrial sectors, including aerospace, chemical, electric power, food and beverage, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and biotechnology and semiconductor. For more than 65 years we've been committed to creating "Customers for Life" through our passion for our core values of integrity, continuous improvement, innovation and economic value.
Who We Are
As one of the premier specialty construction companies in the country, our employees enjoy a focus on growth and development, work/life balance and one of the best safety records in the industry. We are 100% management-owned, which makes the development and advancement of our employees paramount to our success. BMWC attracts the brightest and most ambitious professionals because our business model is based on the evolving success and reward of individual champions. Will you be the next BMWC champion?
We're Looking For
BMWC is seeking an individual who wants to learn and be mentored from the best in the industrial construction industry. Are you interested in learning the combined skills of a business manager and the technical knowledge of an engineer? Do you want to gain experience while learning the responsibilities of managing complex industrial projects? Do you have the drive and commitment to accept the challenge of learning to plan, schedule and budget large projects, while playing a major role in enforcing on-site safety standards?
What you'll Experience
As a Project Engineer I you will:
- Learn and become proficient in the functions of the Project Controls Department
- Budget forecasting, forecasting project outcomes, cost coding, change orders
- Become knowledgeable in the functions of the Estimating Department
- Material lists, development of proposals, write clarifications, basics of estimating units, labor rate development and definition of costs
- Learn and be able to perform the following functions within the Purchasing and Tool & Equipment Departments
- Requisition rental and third-party equipment, learn field purchasing procedures
- Understand labor agreements and various contract strategies
- Attend Safety Trainings, participate in Safety programs, including audits and incentive programs
- Participate in Quality Action Teams
- Receive training on Time Management, Risk Management, Crane/Rigging and Welding
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management is required. (Will consider a Mechanical or Civil degreeif you have construction internships or construction work experience.)
- Internship experience during undergraduate coursework is preferred
- Commitment to continuing education to ensure skillsets match project needs is critical
- You must be either a US Citizen or have a valid, active Green Card. (We do not sponsor, so any current or temporary visa (H1, F1, etc.) disqualifies you from consideration.
Working with the Best in the Industry
This highly visible position is part of the Construction department and reports to the Project Manager. You will have frequent interaction with the General Manager and regular interaction with the Executive and Operations Leadership Teams, as well as, vendors and all levels of internal and field staff.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes
- Competitive Pay with Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D and Disability benefits
- PTO and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement