|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Job ID: 573758BR
Date posted: Dec. 23, 2021
Locations: Orlando, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:A Product Team Coach is a critical component when transforming teams of agile teams, as they not only focus on forming a high-performing agile team; they form a high-performing agile team of agile teams. They support the execution of the overall program transformation strategy, as well as the team's delivery execution framework. A Product Team Coach helps the teams apply lean/agile principles to maximize the flow of value and ensure alignment to the organization's goals for not one team, but a team of teams. This requires them to maintain a holistic system view and be able to switch between a micro (team-focused) and macro (product-focused) viewpoint.
You will have the opportunity to
form high-performing teams (e. g. autonomous and self-organizing), understand the team roles and responsibilities and coach the team on how work flows through the system.
Important aspects of this position would be to:
- Coach teams and management on how to apply lean/agile principles to maximize the flow of value and ensure alignment to the organization's goals
- Coach the team on the use of agile practices and tools and the execution of agile ceremonies, keeping the team focused on the iterative and incremental delivery of value
- Guide teams in the execution of the delivery workflow; coach the team on how to interlock with other teams with regards to backlog items, as well as ceremonies.
- Coach teams on the agile requirement approaches (e. g. Story/Feature/Epic hierarchy)
Coach the team on how to define user stories (delivery teams deliver user stories)
- Coach teams and management on how to use collected metrics as basis for making specific improvements and for demonstrating progress to stakeholders
- Assess a team's agile maturity and review the results with the team, coaching them on specific improvements for improving the assessment results
- Guide the team in the capture of practices, policies, etc. that enable them to work more effectively and efficiently as a team
- Collaborate with the Transformation Leadership Team and the Product Team in the identification and creation of the Delivery Teams that will deliver the product capabilities.
- Ensure the Product Team has a common understanding of team roles and responsibilities, the overall program execution framework, the Product Team Governance Model and the team's role in its execution.
- Guide the Product Team in the execution of the product tier workflow; coach the Product Team on maintaining strategic alignment with the overall program, implementing a predictable flow of value and managing dependencies.
- Coach the team on how to interlock with the Program Leadership Team and the Delivery Teams, both in terms of backlog items, as well as ceremonies.
- Coach the team on how to define features and how to decompose features into user stories (product teams deliver features)
- Coach the team on how to collaborate across delivery teams to ensure the right decisions are made (create a shared understanding)
- Maintain the integrity of the end state transformation vision across a diverse group of teams; understand and communicate needs and requirements across teams; provide guidance, validation, and context to teams to assist with alignment to, and focus on, end state goals.
This is an important role and could be a great next step in your career!
Experience in Digital Transformation and process optimization
Experience in Agile development and Agile coaching
Remote team support
Experience in Scrum Master practices
Certifications in Agile development and Agile coaching
Experience with Software Factory at the enterprise level
Experience with backlog generation and priority sorting
Software build tools and processes
Software build tracking
Breadth of experience in a variety of agile practices (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc. )
Experience using Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e. g. Jira, VersionOne, Rally, etc. )
Knowledgeable of new/emerging practices and coaching techniques (attendance and participation at conferences, user groups, speaking engagements, blogging, etc. )
Strong prioritization skills; ability to focus on what drives the most value
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
Ability to decompose features into user stories (product teams deliver features)
Ability to effectively and efficiently perform the responsibilities described in the job description.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering