|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
The Construction Intern will perform tasks requiring the application of standard construction techniques and procedures. This includes work in the areas of project management, scheduling and cost control, estimating, safety and health, and procurement.
- Assist with project related tasks on construction projects that include, assessing project requirements, implementing processes and analyzing project performance.
- Assist with obtaining project data to establish engineering schedules.
- Assist with monitoring and forecasting project budgets, contracting costs, and actual money spent.
- Assist with quality control evaluations tracing and filing.
- Assist with contract administration, project correspondence, and document control of engineering drawings.
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell Safety standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or other related field from accredited program.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
The expected hourly range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Connecticut Public Act 21-30, An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for Vacant Positions. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location.
Interns may participate in our 401(k) retirement program provided plan eligibility requirements are met. Sick leave is accrued based on the actual number of hours worked. For more information, please visit the Benefits & Wellness page.