|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production, while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for an R&D Materials Processing Technician to join our growing team.
Duties will include alloy processing, laboratory-scale experimental design and setup, chemical hood operation, sample preparation and analysis, data analysis and reporting, analytical equipment maintenance, laboratory supplies, documentation, and SOP management.
5+ years hands-on experience in research or technical environment conducting laboratory-scale experiments, materials processing (casting, welding, coating, etc.), sample preparation and analysis, data analysis/reporting. Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college in one of the following areas: Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Desired Experience & Skills:
· Experience with materials processing: casting, welding, coating, cladding, etc.
· Familiarity with laboratory furnace operations.
· Metallographic and other sample preparation and analysis.
· Experience with optical and SEM microscopy.
· Data analysis and reporting.
· Laboratory equipment maintenance.
· Experience with vacuum chambers and equipment.
· Experience with chemical hood operations.
· Experience with CAD software.
· Good record keeping and organization skills.
· Experience with high-temperature processes >1000°C.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacations and holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We routinely wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, disability, or military status.
Please provide resume and cover letter if interested.