|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
As a specialist construction intern you will be working side by side with the General Contractor to restore historic homes in the area of New Braunfels.
This work will be completed Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 - 5:00. You will learn specialist skills for how to repair, remove and replace vintage materials in complete building upgrades.
You will also learn how to use infrared equipment to quickly remove paint from existing materials, prepare the structure to receive new framing elements and works with all tradesman to prepare buildings throughout the entire construction phase.
This role will start as a 90 day contractor position with the possible opportunity to become full time employment.
You must have the willingness and desire to:
* use basic hand tools
* pry elements from floors, walls and ceilings
* crawl into tight spaces as needed
* lift objects of up to 50 pounds
* climb ladders as needed to access roofs of two story buildings
* clean debris during the course of construction
* support other needs of the project contractor
You will be paid on a weekly basis at the end of each Friday.
Ample time for lunch and breaks will be allowed throughout the work day.
The work environment will be safe and will involve multiple trades and subcontractors.