|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
SHRED TRUCK DRIVER POSITION
Come work for the Hometown Shredder, Document Destruction. Our need is immediate; schedule your interview today. This is a great place to work!
- Performs ONSITE document shredding of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment installed in truck (25-33' long straight truck).
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
- Maintains a high level of security when from customer office to shred truck.
- Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client's business.
- Completes ticket at every stop, providing customers a copy of certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
- Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
- Ensures that truck shredding cargo area and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment. Turn in completed Daily Maintenance Checklist (Pre/Post Trip).
- Conducts daily check in with manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
- Understand and implement all Corporate and Document Management Division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
- Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Document Destruction's operations, following the company's policies and procedures at all times and bringing the managers attention to any areas of concern.
Nature of Impact: Our drivers are the face of Document Destruction to the customer and are key to delivering distinguished service to our shred customers. Our drivers must have the ability to deliver ongoing distinguished service to our customers and engage with co-workers in a professional and friendly manner.
This position calls for a significant amount of strength and stamina.
No CDL Required
- Must have at least 1 year of route driving experience
- Climb/Step up into a truck cab
- Grip, lift, push, pull and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Lift at least 70/80 lbs.
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Push, Pull wheeled bins from 25-350 lbs., with an average weight of 200 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license, have no more than 1 moving violation in the past 3 years.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening, a background check and a DOT physical.
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skill
- Able to use GPS to travel to customers and location
It is the responsibility of every Document Destruction employee; to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct complete required training within the allotted time frame.
$16-17 an hour to start, based on experience
4-10 hour days a week plus some overtime
Paid lunch while you are on the road
10 Paid Vacation Days
Paid Holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
We provide 11 uniform sets that are cleaned weekly at no cost to you.