|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Trades & Services
Become an integral member of a busy and collaborative team dedicated to supporting scientific research. The J. David Gladstone Institutes, a nonprofit biomedical research institute located in San Francisco, CA, is seeking a responsible, resourceful, and team-oriented individual to join its Facilities Team as a Safety and Facilities Coordinator I.
The Safety & Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that Gladstone Safety policies and procedures are complete and current. The person in this position will serve as a liaison between UCSF EH&S and Gladstone laboratory and administrative personnel, organize and run Safety Team meeting, and coordinate and implement all pertinent training as needed. As part of Facilities Team, incumbent will also assist Facilities team with daily duties as needed, conduct hazard assessments in both laboratories and administrative departments, and will report to the Facilities Manager.
Gladstone Perks & Benefits:
- People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
- A meaningful place to grow and learn: whether it's your professional skills or scientific knowledge, we have the resources and environment to advance either so you can better support Gladstone's mission: to drive a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science and to mentor tomorrow's leaders in an inspiring and diverse environment.
- Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
- Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
- Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation.
- BS in one of the Life Sciences.
- 2+ years in a science or medical-related discipline or safety position.
- Licensing and/or certification (preferred)- Hazmat Technician Certification (Emergency response, chemical spill, first aid/AED & CPR), Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist, OSHA (general industry and health certification), preferred
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.