|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Our client, a rapidly rising star in MEP consulting, is seeking someone for a leadership role with a background in technology, security and AV design experience to build and lead the IT/Security Practice. Candidates should strong expertise in onshore construction of commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational or other types of facilities. This role offers great career growth; the company has expanded rapidly and currently has a handful of offices with more to come. It is ideal for a self-starting entrepreneur who wants to build a practice and play a significant role in the organization.
Houston, Austin or San Antonio are the preferred locations for the candidate to reside.
- Provide design team leadership to capture client security & AV requirements
- Design solutions to fit requirements
- Create specifications and red line drawings
- Lead, mentor and grow IT/Security/AV design team
- Assist in bringing in business, successfully work with stakeholders in representing company
- Stay current with trends in technology, security and AV
- At least 10-15 years' experience in facility security and AV from a construction perspective
- Should have experience with a full spectrum of security components, including data, storage, networks/routers/repeaters, server racks, access management, AV, cabling, infrastructure, security cameras, etc.
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- 3+ years of relevant team building, supervisory or management experience
- Familiar with commercial building/construction design as it relates to technology, security and AV elements
- Ability and presence to interact well with stakeholders, strong customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, meticulous, ability to follow up and follow through
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast-paced environment
- RCDD or other similar certifications are preferred
- Existing construction industry contacts are a plus