|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
Senior Accountant (SAP FI/CO Module)
Novi, MI area
USPRO is looking for a qualified Accountant to work with an aerospace client of ours in the Novi, Michigan area. This individual will manage all financial aspects of the core liabilities and core assets of the company.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
Hours: M-F 8AM - 5PM
*Initial work will be done primarily remote, however, the resource will have to come into the office occasionally. During the training period, will be working from the office more frequently.*
· Update, maintain and report weekly cash forecast to headquarters treasury department, utilizing cash expectations from Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable service centers as well as revenue forecast from Controlling.
· Manage all financial aspects of the core liabilities and assets of the company, including reconciliation of balances and coordination the investigation of differences with core manager.
· Assist with preparation and reporting of month end IFRS financial results to headquarters, including preparation of multiple journal entries, reports and schedules (MIF reporting).
· Analyze and perform inventory revaluations for various issues after proper approvals.
· Prepare and review various account reconciliations as assigned, making sure to include thorough supporting detail.
· Prepare schedules requested by management and auditors and provide support during internal and external audits.
· Develop, implement, modify, and document accounting processes, systems and financially relevant internal controls, and perform self-assessment testing as scheduled.
· Understand and maintain knowledge on current industry standards for International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in accounting, auditing and/or financial reporting.
· Knowledge and experience with the SAP FI/CO Module.
· Excellent knowledge of accrual accounting, account reconciliations, as well as knowledge of International Accounting Standards and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Excellent ability to complete accounting tasks in a timely and accurate fashion, particularly in support of financial period closings.
· Excellent knowledge of financial audit requirements, analytical ability for complex financial issues, and organizational, planning and follow-up skills.
· Strong ability to work independently and with little direction with excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
· Must be available to work overtime when needed during month end close (first 3 workdays per month).
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Master's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
· Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).