|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Job Title: Sr. Cost Accountant Specialist
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports To: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Odessa, TX
ISS is currently looking for a Sr. Cost Accountant Specialist for our Rotating Equipment Business Unit. The ideal candidate will be responsible for hands-on operations of the company's accounting team. As the successful candidate, you should be a highly motivated professional with a sense of urgency and proven track record. We will rely on your experiences and passion for providing accounting support to develop and continue to grow the company's profitable business and ensure the financial well-being of the company in all areas of its operations. Additional responsibilities will include managing all phases of the day-to-day accounting process and assisting with the annual budgeting process, and company year-end audits. Accounting manager responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information and work closely with our financial management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Support implementations, migration, or upgrades of financial systems.
- Analyze job profitability
- Job Cost / WIP reconciliation and analysis
- Inventory Management and controls
- Maintain daily bank deposits, monthly reconciliation, and wire transfers.
- Provide HR & payroll support and oversight.
- Month and end-year process
- Accounts payable/receivable management
- General ledger management
- Cash forecasting
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Fixed asset management
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Coordinate and assist with annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
· Associates/Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
· Proven working experience as an Accounting professional.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in accounting.
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations with GAAP experience required and Percentage of Completion accounting experience strongly preferred.
· Proven ability to generate and analyze income statement, balance sheet, revenue forecast and cash flow statements.
· High attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in fast-paced, results oriented environment.
· Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
Physical Ability: *Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Sensory Requirements: *Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds and visual cues or signals. Requires the ability to orally communicate in a professional manner.
Environmental Factors: *Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Routinely works inside in an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.