|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas. This position will join a high-performance department in a customer-focused organization.
- Review or prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Review or prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting package
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables
- Track, analyze, monitor and report financial information and trend by product line, business unit and customer
- Prepare other reporting packages: (Audit Engagement Schedules; Tax; EU/Canadian filings/audits, where applicable)
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results
- Review and research accounting and operational transaction workflows for functionality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Identifying risks and opportunities for the Company based on financial analysis
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with timely, accurate and relevant information for decision-making
- Responsible for performing special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Cross-train in other functions to improve overall departmental performance
- Supervise, coach and develop a staff accountant.