|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Our client, located in Conyers, is in search of a Senior Accountant to join their team.
Perform Corporate general ledger accounting and analyst functions. Assist Corporate Controller with journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, and other projects as needed.
General Qualifications Required
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 year general ledger accounting experience required
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Construction accounting experience a plus
Skills/Behaviors: Detail-oriented, team-oriented, and deadline-oriented
Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a must
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Ability to adapt to change, take initiative and attempt tasks independently
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Responsible for general ledger activities, preparing daily and monthly journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, as well as researching and resolving discrepancies.
· Manage PCards. Monitor transactions for appropriateness, code and post associated journal entry.
· Make all entries necessary to balance intercompany transactions
· Assist in month end closing process. AP Accruals/Post recurring entries/Prepare any necessary reclasses
· Assist in the year-end audit process by preparing audit schedules and performing various research.
· Work with project managers and general managers in getting the information they need to manage their projects/business units.
· Offer support to Corporate Controller as requested.
· Participate in special projects as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.