|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Senior Accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating project issues and variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected. In addition to project accounting duties, this position will also work as perform general accounting responsibilities primarily focusing on AR/AP, financial reporting, variance analysis, monthly reconciliations, and other projects as needed. Must be self-motivated and managed.
- Review supplier invoices related to a project
- Review time sheets for work related to a project
- Review labor costs to be applied to a project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Analyze general ledger accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and to support budget variance explanations
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reporting packages
- Review monthly financial statements and provide variance analysis
- Review monthly forecast for reasonableness and completeness
- Ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, balances are fully detailed, adjusting entries made accordingly
- Support management with financial analysis/ad hoc reporting
- Proficiency in using various reports available in Hyperion, Viewpoint and Axiom
- Complete special projects as assigned
Desired Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in business / accounting, with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, and at least three years of experience in project accounting.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience preferred with experience in project accounting a plus or an equivalent education and experience combination.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software; strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to maintain confidential information,
- Technical knowledge of project financials, strong excel and analysis techniques.
- Analytical, critical reasoning and problem solving skills to proficiently interpret results and provide guidance to business partners.
- Supervises: None, works closely with operations and business support functions.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at . (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY, please contact 711).