|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Senior Civil Engineer (Land Development)
An ADP Client, Paragon Engineering Consultants is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join the team in Littleton, CO 80120.
About the Role:
Paragon Engineering Consultants, Inc. (PEC) is seeking candidates for a Land Development Civil Engineer in Littleton, CO. PEC is diverse organization that provides land development design and approval processing for site grading, drainage calculations, utility design and floodplain design. This position requires thorough knowledge of civil design and land development engineering, as well as AutoCAD Civil3D and graphics drafting skills. Applicant will be asked to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Applicant will be responsible for team management project design and development as well be a part of a team for both internal and external for project related activities and progress. Applicant will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Paragon Engineering Consultants, Inc.
- This position requires thorough knowledge of Engineering practices and techniques, as well as AutoCAD Civil3D and graphics drafting skills.
- Act as Project Manager for projects and manage team
- Proposal and contract development
- Site and civil engineering design and calculations
- Expert knowledge of Civil 3D software including the Hydraflow extension
- Drainage design experience with strong knowledge of Storm CAD, UD-Sewer, UDSWMM software
- Utility Design experience using WaterCAD or EPANET software
- Floodplain design experience using HEC-RAS modeling software
- Municipal agency communication
- Utilize sketches, notes and other input material to complete design drawings with minimal supervision
- Instruct drafters on how to create drawing of designs
- Perform research, write technical reports and prepare opinions of cost
- Use modeling software to solve engineering problems
- Prepare project schedules & budget and provide project management
- May traverse and work in all types of terrain and weather conditions, as well as project sites in various stages of construction
- Track and manage time on daily basis
- Other assigned duties as required
Our ideal candidate:
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in commercial and residential Civil Development Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree-Engineering-ABET Accredited University
- Active and in good standing Colorado Professional Engineer license
- 10+ years of Business Development Experience
- Effective communications skills both oral and written
- Effective interpersonal skills with coworkers, clients and public agency officials
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- In-depth knowledge of land development
- Creative skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Supervise and coordinate internal and external teams
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or daily as changes occur in project needs
- Always represent WH/PEC in a professional manner
- AutoCAD Civil3D
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification
- Ability to legally work in the United States (current)
What We Offer:
- Benefits including (100% Covered medical, dental, 401k, PTO, Sick/Vacation)
- Compensation commensurate to experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, employee will occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle, stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls. Workload may require work in outside environment or on construction sites at times with exposure to sun and wind with occasional limited exposure to precipitation.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Project observation, sampling and certification may require assembly or testing of mechanical and/or electronic components requiring operation of design equipment or components.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload's dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client's office, project location or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site for an extended period. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside Paragon Engineering Consultants, Inc.'s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Paragon Engineering Consultants, Inc. and/or Client as required.
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button
Equal Opportunity Employer