|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking a self-motivated leader for a Technical Civil-Geotechnical Engineer to lead and support engineering projects in our Langhorne, PA office.
The successful candidate will work with multidisciplinary engineering teams to integrate civil and/or structural design work with environmental, renewable development, geotechnical and other disciplines for routine land development projects, as well as forensic evaluations for more complex projects.
The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mind, a solid technical background in engineering fundamentals, knowledge of general construction practices and a strong desire to apply engineering principles to unique and complex technical projects.
Projects may include alternative and renewable energy facilities (wind, solar, biofuels, etc.), pipelines, coastal and marine facilities, industrial facilities, dams, solid waste, and military facilities throughout the United States and internationally.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering (BS or higher from an ABET accredited institution).
- A master's degree is preferred.
- 10-15 years progressive professional.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
- The successful candidate should be proficient in using engineering analytical software, AutoCAD design software, and progressive experience demonstrated facility in development of new capabilities.
- Hazwoper training.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Design, permitting and construction of renewable energy projects, industrial buildings and foundations, tower foundations, marine structures, process plant facility design, earth retaining structures, deep and shallow foundations, foundation underpinning, dewatering, civil drainage and grading, stormwater facilities, geotechnical investigation, and soil and groundwater remediation systems.
- Demonstrated experience with renewable energy and pipeline projects in Pennsylvania and other mid-Atlantic states including land development engineering and permitting.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of engineering principles to novel and challenging projects.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary design teams involving civil, structural, and environmental professionals.
- Forensic evaluation and remedial design.
- Participation in professional organizations and publication.
The selected candidates should enjoy solving problems, working on multi-disciplinary projects from inception to completion, applying advanced engineering principles in novel applications, keeping abreast of current technology, and being part of a motivated and highly skilled team. Position will be based in Langhorne, PA office with some periodic travel required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting
Explore our open positions at Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.