|Date Posted||June 25, 2022|
OPPORTUNITY Mammoth is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with expertise in instrumentation designs. You will work in a diverse, dynamic, multifunctional team to package our novel CRISPR enzymes into a molecular diagnostics system. The successful candidate will have experience in bringing products from concept to production. The position will require creativity and out-of-box thinking with strong technical and analytical skills. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate system requirements and design electrical architecture
- Design electrical board-level schematic
- Design circuits for microfluidic control and optical excitation/detection platforms
- Prepare and implement test planning and test execution
- Conduct environmental testing, qualification of development and production hardware
- Interface with vendors to qualify electronic components to be included in the instrument, manage Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) manufacturers, and establish incoming inspection practices
- Design and build test fixtures for component and subsystem testing
- Work with cross functional teams to enable high volume manufacturing
- BS in electrical engineering with 8+ years of experience
- Ability to design/troubleshoot at board-level
- Experience with power systems, heating circuits, and motion control systems -Design and Application
- Familiarity with microcontroller and single board computer design
- Knowledge of embedded systems and instrumentation development.
- Proficiency with Altium
- Master's degree in electrical engineering
- Background in development of optical detection-based equipment
- Advanced Programming skills, Python/C/C#
- Experience in PCB layout and RF systems (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Basic project management skills and ability to hold to a project timeline
- Ability to function with minimal direction and to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to think critically with demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
COMPANY Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
TEAM The Diagnostics team is advancing our CRISPR-based DETECTR platform to address unmet needs across the continuum of testing. From laboratories to the home, our mission is to democratize diagnostics with CRISPR.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.