|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Senior Engineer is responsible for performing complex design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work as required by the assignment. Designs complicated branch circuiting systems for lighting and general power systems, as well as power systems for HVAC and Plumbing equipment. In addition, the engineer performs complex Title 24 energy compliance calculations. Working with some supervision the Senior Engineer is accountable for accuracy, timeliness, and reliability, reporting to their Coach, Associate or Supervisor.
• Intermediate knowledge of own discipline/department for Small Fee Projects or Low-Level complexity projects.
• Executes broad directions as provided by a supervisor but is comfortable in making engineering decisions on a discipline-specific level. Ability to identify appropriate solutions based upon several different and often competing data.
• Performs coordination at a higher level by reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, other team engineers, and the architects while implementing design modifications as necessary.
• Ability to gather appropriate resources in order to solve problems.
• Customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees and exercises independent judgment and discretion in supervision.
• Demonstrates a willingness to support training for others while formally trains direct reports.
• Assists supervisor by providing input on discipline-specific resource staffing allocations to meet business needs.
• Believes in and champions the firm's core values and inspires others to do the same.
• Identifies and applies creative thinking and innovation that adds value at the discipline level.
• Ability to drive clients to make informed decisions on a discipline basis.
• Effectively writes and verbally communicates concepts and ideas, both internally and externally.
• Moderate experience with monitoring and successfully managing project costs versus budget for discipline while understanding the firm's financial system.
• Demonstrates the ability to react to client needs and expectations, while developing skills in proactive communication.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
• 5 to 7 years experience in the Electrical Engineering Design discipline.
• Experience with AutoCAD and Revit documentation and management as it applies to Electrical Engineering.
• Experience and understanding in EnergyPro
• Baseline experience and understanding of AGI32 or Visual (or similar).
Certifications & Licenses:
• Professional registration in Electrical Engineering is encouraged (PE).
• LEED Certification is desired.
• Proven ability to understand and recognize complex design problems.
• Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude.
• Knowledge of Electrical and related California Building Codes
• Knowledge of Green Building practices and LEED Rating Systems
• Experience with Healthcare and/or Life Science projects is a plus!
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
- provided by Dice