|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Job Title: Senior FPGA Electrical Engineer
Who we are:
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
You'll design FPGA architectures, code in different HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog), and use different technologies from the leading FPGA companies. You'll get your hands dirty and own your designs from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. Because we're a team of generalists, you'll also get the chance to do some hardware design from time to time, working on hardware architectures, power budgets, schematics, and PCBs. You'll also review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
You'll work closely with our account managers and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, occasionally visiting customer sites to discuss our capabilities.
Whether it's training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you'll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a senior staff member.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Hardware design experience including most of the following:
- PCBA design and layout
- Serial or RF channel design technologies
- DC/DC converters and topologies
- Strong FPGA design experience to include most of the following:
- FPGA architecture and interface definition
- HDL coding in Verilog or VHDL
- Use of integrated logic analysis tools
- Experience with platforms such as Ultrascale, Zynq, etc.
- Experience with softcore processors such as Picoblaze, Microblaze, NIOS
- Simulation experience - block level as well as system level
- Good knowledge of Synthesis tools and primitives mapping
- Constraints management
- Demonstrated ability to debug FPGA designs in the system
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms and implementation
- TMR/Radiation mitigation techniques
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from a customer or end-user inputs
- Experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in a technical leadership role
- Demonstrable history of successful mentorship of other engineers
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum development practices
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
- Experience with regulatory and standard requirements such as CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, DO-254, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.