|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
Senior Manager for Automotive LED solutions is accountable and empowered to drive projects and deliver Lumileds custom L2 and higher level of integration exterior lighting solutions to Tier1s and OEMs according to an agreed timelines and business case. Senior Manager is end-to-end accountable for:
- Translating customer specific requirements into a high level system concept/architecture
- Selection of the bill of materials so as to ensure necessary performance, quality and cost
- Accountable for project schedules (incl. technical)
- Committing to and delivering the business case, incl. project budget management
- Communicating with project team, functional leaders and senior management
- Accountable for full alignment with Ops on industrialization
- Ensuring all BCP Automotive aspects, e.g. APQP, are adhered to and phase gates passed
- Managing risks, with mitigation in IPR (Auto LED BU Head accountable)
- Escalating issues early for Auto LED IPR to mitigate and minimize business impact
- Responsible for running engineering experiments for product characterization
- Responsible for resolving reliability or yield issues related to the product
- Responsible for transferring the product to manufacturing at the end of development
What You Will Bring (Required Qualifications):
- Graduate or Post-Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering is required with more than 10 years of industry related research experience.
- Knowledge of optics and optical systems is considered a strong plus.
- Understanding of exterior lighting applications and regulations (ECE/SAE).
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of PCBA systems with LEDs and optics.
- Proven ability to interact with customers in finding an optimum technical solution.
- Strong knowledge in surface mount technology.
- Possesses strong team building and technical expertise to develop collaborative solutions.
- Proven team leadership and people development skills are highly desirable.
- Requires excellent communication skills (presentation, written, verbal) of both technical and non-technical issues.
- Capable of influencing internal decision makers to make decisions aligned with strategies and objectives benefiting the entire organization.