|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analysis
Salary Range : $90,000 .00 - $110,000.00
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical Engineering role:
- Analyze mechanical and electromechanical components and assemblies using finite element analysis (FEA) for structural, thermal, kinematic, and dynamic loads.
- Generate hand calculations to support design decisions .
- Implement product design u s ing engineering principles and standard engineering tools.
- Develop and modify designs using SOLIDWORKS and PTC Creo .
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or participating in design reviews.
- Collect, develop , and analyze design inputs.
- Estimate scope and duration of proposed analysis projects.
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling , and tracking.
- Communicate with vendors, team , and PM for the advancement of projects.
- Assist in the sales process for quoting and estimating future design and analysis projects.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Adhere to Syncroness ' Quality System processes.
- Compile and present complete engineering design and analysis documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements.
- Develop test specifications to guide testing.
- C ommunicat e and coordinat e with other disciplines including Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Software Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- S erve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Complete technical reviews of team member work.
- Interact with customer to derive requirements and communicate technical direction.
- Work with P roject Management and S ystems Engineering to understand system - level requirements , implement forward actions to Mechanical Engineering team members , and identify scope creep .
- Contribute to Syncroness' Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for both career advancement and professional exposure of Syncroness.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering from a n accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience
- Master's Degree (M.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Solid experience in product design and development.
- Expert in FEA using ANSYS Mechanical and/ or Femap with NX Nastran for structural, thermal, kinematic, and dynamic analysis of mechanical and electromechanical components.
- Knowledge of CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/ or PTC Creo ) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings .
- Demonstrated a bility to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Ability to generate hand calculations to support design decisions .
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to share and manage time among multiple projects effectively.
- Experience in h ighly non-linear, transient, and dynamic FEA using explicit time integration , e.g. , LS-DYNA .
- Proficiency in m ultibody dynamic analysis including large deformations and material nonlinearit y, e.g. , MSC ADAMS .
- Experience with tooling and test fixtures .
Note : Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.