|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
Chazen is currently seeking a full-time Temporary Senior Staff Accountant to assist the Controller with all accounting operations while ensuring accuracy of financial information. Position will be located in our Poughkeepsie, NY office.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Assists in oversight of accurate and timely processing of all A/P, AR and Payroll
· Executing of Month and End-Year closings
· Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
· Assist with internal and external audit requests
· Preparation of Quarterly payroll tax filings
· Preparation of financial statements
· Assist in review of Project Performance and financial Analysis
· Prepare other supporting schedules as necessary
· Assist Controller with but not limited to:
o Preparation of monthly financial reporting
o Reviewing general ledger for accuracy
o Know-how to create and post journal entries
o Ability to offer solutions and improve processes
o Integration of company financial operations due to merger
· Bachelor's in accounting
· Working knowledge of GAAP
· Solid experience with the General ledger
· Advanced Proficiency in Excel
· Detail Oriented
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Progressive background in Accounting
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Deltek experience a plus
· CPA not required but a plus
Some travel to other office locations is required.
The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation planning and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen's employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. Chazen delivers world-class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
Chazen is regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program are offered including tuition reimbursement, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, friendly and professional working atmosphere. Most importantly our diverse and talented staff understand the need to be highly responsive and take pride in exceeding our client's expectations.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Chazen participates in the E-Verify Program to verify all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Email your cover letter and resume to . Thank you for your interest.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer