|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Call Centre / CustomerService
SERVICE MANAGER - New Branch Location PA / DE 19061
Excellent career opportunity for Management role in growing company!
The Service Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day sales, operations and customer service experience for his/her own technician team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Effectively hiring, coaching and training technicians to maximize sales and customer service opportunities.
Maintain close communication with all essential stakeholders and business partners to ensure proper detailing of tickets, accounting of revenue and stocking and maintenance of trucks.
Work cohesively with Customer Service to ensure proper booking of calls based on the needs of the customer and problem resolution as necessary.
Respond to and effectively handles operational, employee and customer issues in a timely and efficient manner.
Learn and execute the Nexstar (Industry Better Practices Group) Service Management System.
Optimize employee engagement and development for the Service Department by conducting:
Routine Ride-alongs with technician/service personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Conduct one-on-one meetings with employees to review recent performance results and to lay out plans to improve where needed and/or to recognize exceptional performance results.
Coordinate tactical/technical training to promote technician/employee development.
Collaborate with Dispatchers each day on:
- Review work order results and ensure quality and order completeness.
- Prioritize work orders based on pre-determined ranking, customer and financial criteria.
- Review technician performance and behavior to maximize customer service and operational efficiency.
Assess and adjust manpower allocation for the day relative to customer demand and based on the approved technician (monthly) schedule.
- Scheduled days off (PTO).
- Sick calls - assist dispatcher on last minute re-allocation of capacity.
- All day jobs or otherwise unavailable technicians.
- Unforeseen Increase in demand.
Address customer complaints and satisfaction issues in a timely matter.
- Same day response to customer inquiries resulting in a positive response for the customer and LTP.
Inspect trucks and uniforms
- Verify truck inventory has been re-stocked
- Assess truck and uniform condition and address unacceptable results as needed.
During the paperwork turn in process, review prior day invoices and tech time sheet for:
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Proper accounting of funds collected.
- Opportunities for improvement in customer service and second task management.
Attend/orchestrate Daily Huddle to:
- Determine actions needed to hit daily/weekly/monthly goal
- Inform Call Center of resource changes and ensure the board is constantly updated to reflect adjustments in tech capacity.
- Provide Same Day Service!
SERVICE MANAGER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Hold 1:1 meeting with Divisional Manager to review Service Mgr.'s weekly report and to develop corrective action plans as necessary.
- Review revenue and other KPI results relative to budget
- Review direct labor and material %'s to prior year and budget
- Determine and execute corrective action plans (if needed)
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participate in Strategic Planning sessions to provide input on future direction
Collaborate with HR on recruiting, training, retention programs
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to stand up and sit down for extended periods of time
Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs
Ability to perform range of movements (i.e. squatting, bending, reaching, climbing, etc.) to support the supervised technicians during drive alongs and to perform residential plumbing services
Ability to solve complex problems and develop appropriate action plan
Ability to manage internal resources effectively and efficiently
Ability to Lead a Technical team by providing leadership and mentorship
Excellent business acumen
Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
Good understanding of inventory management and logistics
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Minimum of 3 years of proven management experience in the service industry and a history of demonstrating excellence in the following areas:
Team Development; Sales/Operations; Customer Service.
Journeyman or Master Plumber certified preferred, but industry experience (plumbing, HVAC, Home Improvements or similar Consumer Service) a must.
Microsoft Office suite of applications required
Our ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrating excellence in the following competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Organizing and Planning
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills (Excel a must)
Our company has a strong philosophy of compensating the highest quality people with the highest pay in the industry. In addition to a competitive base salary , we offer our staff a robust Bonus structure that reward top performance, continuing education , and a strong Benefits package including a matched 401K, Health Insurance, and paid leave.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Term Life
Disclaimer: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Chester County PA
New Castle DE
Delaware County PA