|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Job Description - Service Technician D.L Thurrott, Inc.
The Installation Service Technician serves as an ambassador for the Company and is responsible for managing equipment installation and repairs for air compressors, dryers, tanks, and all related compressed air products. Services are performed on-site and on-demand, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Servicing air compressors, dryers, filters, and related compressed air equipment.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate electrical diagrams and machine faults.
- Provide technical service, start ups, installation and repairs of air compressors, dryers, tanks, and all related compressed air products.
- Complete written evaluations, recommendations, and related company reports.
- Able to work with service software for communication and scheduling.
- Positive attitude and desire to grow an existing sales & service business.
- Able to care and maintain a company vehicle.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong Mechanical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Customer Service and Consultative Skills.
- Able to work with a team environment.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to clearly communicate with engineering, technical support, sales, management, and customers.
- Thorough understanding of products and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
This job operates in a service shop environment both on company and customer site locations. This role routinely uses hand and power tools as well as office equipment such as laptop computers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and dump and load 50 bound bags of desiccant by hand.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There may be times where overnight travel is required but that will be an exception.
Required Education And Experience
- Associate's degree or postsecondary certificate in related discipline required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous field experience working on compressed air equipment is highly desired.
- Previous work history of 2 to 3 years with a service based organization.
Required License And Certifications
- Must have a valid, unexpired driver's license.
- Good driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.