|Date Posted||April 25, 2022|
ASEC is an award winning, employee-owned small business focused on providing value and innovation in the areas of engineering, training, logistics, and flight services. Doing what is right for the Warfighter is reflected in everything we do. We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to support our Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) team at NAS Patuxent River, MD. If you have to work, you want the work you're doing to be cool, right? The NGTS is a synthetic environment generator used at multiple Navy and Air Force installations to support training, testing, analysis and research and development. This system provides threat intelligence in support of critical large-scale DoD exercises.
In this role you will develop software for an advanced synthetic training environment. This software is integrated into flight simulators to support pilot training against potential threats. You will support software development, software integration, customer training and demonstrations. Travel to customer sites is required.
We are offering a $3,000 signing bonus for this position!
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematician, or equivalent from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of practical experience in software engineering preferably associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains.
- Demonstrated experience with C++ object-oriented software design and development
- Must be able to communicate effectively, professionally, and positively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to successfully manage competing tasks and priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Work must be completed on-site, minimal telework available.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- This position requires U.S. citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance. Selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote the most qualified persons for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. ASEC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they choose to inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here .