|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Why HYLA Mobile?
HYLA Mobile exists to provide industry-leading technology, analytics, and logistics solutions to help the mobile ecosystem maximize its sustainability efforts in a manner that builds exceptional value for customers and shareholders while benefiting the environment.
We service the $17B secondary-use device market by focusing on technology rooted in automation, AI, and analytics - all with an uncompromising approach to quality, velocity, performance, data security, and environmental standards. By maximizing device life and creating economic incentives for all participants in the ecosystem, we play a pivotal role in the development of the global economy and present incremental growth opportunities for carriers and businesses alike.
At HYLA Mobile, we are always looking to further our efforts in the development of the global economy, and now we are building a new business focused on driving continued growth by leveraging key assets of HYLA.
Our Role and the Key to Success in this Role
Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have ideas and a passion for technology? Do you want to be in a place where you can inspire and drive change? Do you want to be part of the Hyla's journey to make this planet a better and greener place?
If the answer is yes, we are looking for people like you to come and join us and help solve complex engineering problems. We are refocusing the engineering group to pivot from current architecture to a services centric organization in the cloud to handle the accelerated business growth we are seeing. For the curious, there are plenty of opportunities to explore beyond full-stack web development to areas like IoT, diagnostics, machine & deep learning, and industrial automation. To go where we want to go, we are looking for a solid, tech-savvy Solutions Architect who can help take us to the next level. The solution we are building will become the next generation reverse logistics and trade-in platform.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect who is passionate about technology to create solutions that add measurable value to our business. The Senior Solution Architect is expected to engage with the business, craft solutions architecture, drive design, and tackle hard technical problems in catering to unique customer system requirements. This position will be based in our Farmers Branch, TX office (working remotely for the foreseeable future).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic: Architectural Guidance and Influence
- Engage with business to scope, define, and craft solution offerings and driving end-to-end technical solutions for all the new business opportunities in various phases of business development.
- Identify integrations and help drive interface specs, define functional/nonfunctional requirements with high availability and fault tolerance in mind.
- Drive towards achieving an end to end solution for our customers rather than concerns towards a specific component(s) / technology.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Lead Engineers, Product, and Technical Support teams to design technology solutions that meet business needs, security and scalability demands, and technology standards.
- Implementation of Modernization Architecture and Design
- Take ownership and be a hands-on technical architect, who will lead the technology team from the front and inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Using "Servant-Leadership" practices mentor, train, and influence a team of aspiring, experienced, and hardworking developers to design and execute with a sum-of-parts teamwork approach.
- Participate in the architectural transformation of the legacy platform components to modernize technology/solution portfolio for making new customer installations easier and more automated over the course of time.
- Comfortable looking at code to understand existing flows, rules, and design. Seize opportunities to explore, prototype, or even implement solutions.
- Define, communicate, and implement design/coding standards for distributed services, cloud and SaaS solutions, technical governance, and design reviews.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile process improvement within the organization. These include, but are not limited to, Security practices, Scale, Influence Test Driven (TDD), and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices and Quality Engineering.
- You will lead design initiatives (drive discussions, produce artifacts) and will publish or present your ideas to technology leaders and business executives.
What we are looking for engineers who have the following characteristics
- 10+ years of experience as a team architect and customer-facing SME.Using Java 8+, Spring Framework.
- Utilizing UI frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, or BackboneJS.
- Experience with messaging systems including message brokers (RabbitMq, Kafka), channels, and common publishing and consumption patterns.
- Experience with high volume, performance-driven distributed systems
- Designing API interfaces using Swagger/RAML, understanding of API authorization and access control patterns, familiarity with an industry-standard API gateway.
- Experience applying well-known patterns to application and service architecture; active-active database deployments, circuit breaker, strangler, etc.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (and associated ecosystem)
- Experience in development and design in an Agile and DevOps environment, including change and release management.
- Experience in designing systems with high availability & fault tolerance.
- Platform modernization experience in taking on-premise applications to cloud-based solutions (SaaS) is a significant plus; ideal candidates can also understand Mainframe legacy events/copybooks/stored procedures to accelerate modernization and migration initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of non-functional requirements related to operationalizing enterprise solutions
Also please show us your accomplishments outside of work (Git repo, articles, open-source contributions, Technical Blog, Presentation, etc.)