|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
What you will do
Under general direction, assists Solutions Project Managers on large and/or complex Solutions projects. May be responsible for the profitable execution of small, assigned Solutions Projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
How you will do it
- Assists Solutions Project Managers on large Solutions projects through day to day management of subcontractors and site labor.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on small, assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Assists in the evaluation of contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates and prepares proposals as directed.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions. Escalates issues and concerns to higher level Solutions Project Management.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Escalates disputes as needed.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the Regional Solutions Ops Manager and / or Service Team Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
- Assists Branch Manager and / or sales in project development efforts. As a member of the Project Development Team, responsible for the audit timeline and project execution. Assists to develop cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associates Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of two to three years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry. Management experience with projects related to HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, and Security management systems is desired. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Project Management software and financial accounting systems highly desired. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment. Able to travel based on assigned projects, as projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems) - provided by Dice