|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
As part of the E&T CAD Team this role provides engineering documentation program support at the BI Fremont site. Provides support for Engineering documentation including CAD, Engineering Documentation Tools, Engineering Drawings, System Turnover Packages and Specifications utilized in the production of biologics manufacturing processes.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Maintains hard copy and electronic engineering document libraries and ensures that drawings/documents are managed per procedures.
- Ensures integrity of documents and related metadata in the engineering document management system (EDMS), as well as adherence to local standards and guidelines.
- Provides day-to-day EDMS support, conducts user training on engineering document management processes, EDMS system capabilities and use, standards, as well as system upgrades and changes.
- Maintains knowledge of advances in CAD technology and engineering document management.
- Participates BI Global Engineering Service Activities. Shares with peer sites about CAD standards, management tools, best Engineering Documentation practices.
- Executes CAD work orders in the site CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems). Clarifies work order details with requester as needed and documents work performed per procedure.
- Supports inspection/audit activities by retrieving and supplying requested Engineering documents in a timely manner.
- Interacts with Vendors, Contractors, Customers and Suppliers. Verifies that CADD systems used by outside firms are compatible with those used by BI Fremont. Coordinates with outside firms to convey BIFI drawing standards. Ensures submitted drawings comply with BI Fremont standards and accepts or rejects drawings from outside firms; enters accepted drawings into EDMS.
- Minimum Associate Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Industrial arts, Construction Management, or equivalent with at least four (4) years of experience in CAD drafting/design.
- CAD experience with expertise in AutoCAD on engineering or construction projects in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, preferably biotech. Executing engineering document management processes per procedure.
- Experience working with relevant software programs such as Revit, COMOS is a plus.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Project.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to communicate across the organization, with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Ability to comprehend and follow procedures in a cGMP environment.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Understanding compliance requirements, including GMPs and data integrity as related to the use of computer systems and engineering document management.
- General understanding of equipment engineering.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. - provided by Dice