|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
At Agility Robotics, we are building the world's first-to-market bipedal humanoid robot designed to operate in human spaces, with humans, for humans, and around humans. This new robot, Digit, is a platform for physical work in human spaces, turning basic labor into a software application. We focus on creating robots that are useful in the real world with features such as long battery life, mobility over all human-accessible terrain, great force-sensitive physical interaction capabilities, excellent human interaction, and a clear path to affordable hardware and large deployments in the real world.
We are looking for people to join our team who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the Robotics industry. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines and make an impact on our future. Join us to solve one of today's most interesting robotics engineering challenges and see the results of your work.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will help architect, design, and develop next-generation robots while supporting the manufacture and test of existing designs. You will collaborate with a multi-discipline team of engineers to ensure the system design meets system and subsystem requirements and you will be responsible for implementing, testing, and validating custom hardware systems for our robot platforms.
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, software, to conceptualize, specify and implement electrical architectures for new product developments including multi-stage integrated robotic systems, automation products, and commercial products
- Rapid prototyping of electrical systems at both system and board levels
- Generate design documentation such as schematics, wiring diagrams, and assembly and cable drawings
- Specify and select electrical components such as microcontrollers, servo drives, sensors, and safety systems for robotics and automation uses
- Convert prototype designs to custom circuit board specifications. Capture electronics schematics and generate PCB designs for manufacturing
- Perform board bring-up activities including embedded firmware development and circuit validation
- Create and execute test plans for intermediate and final products, including test fixture design and software development
- Utilize Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools to maintain design specifications, bill of materials, supporting documentation, and lifecycle control of electrical subsystems.
- Participate in the debugging and root cause analysis related to hardware and software defect resolution
- Interface with internal and external manufacturing teams to enhance design for test, manufacturing, and assembly
- Support existing engineering products through debugging and upgrading designs.
- Competent in CAD tools including Altium, or similar tools.
- MS/EE and 7+ years' experience in electrical/electronic design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: robotics, automation, embedded controls, high-speed differential signaling, microcontrollers, memory buses, digital design, power electronics
- Experience with testing and system integration
- Strong PCB layout and design for EMC skills
- Strong analytical and experimental skills, with demonstrated ability to plan and conduct technical tasks to solve engineering problems
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team, with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively both orally and in writing with program management, contractors, and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience taking products from prototype to production
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical assembly drawings
- Ability to write detailed reports and work instructions
- Prior experience in system-level development of a complex electro-mechanical system
- Working experience in full-lifecycle engineering programs and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant technologies including:
- Mechatronics / Robotics
- Mechanical and electrical interfaces
- Communication protocols
- Sensors, actuators, controllers
- Kinematics of mechanisms
- Vision and display systems
- Good understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, documentation, rigorous verification, etc.) Engineering verification test development and execution
- Strong experience with motors and motor control, especially using BLDC motors
- Experience with sensors such as Encoders, Hall Effect Sensors, Torque, and Load Cells
- Experience with Ethernet, EtherCat, USB, and other high-speed busses
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity for all employees
- Employer-matched 401K retirement plan
- High-quality health, dental and vision insurance
- Five weeks of vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Strong work-life balance emphasis
- Relocation assistance provided
Powered by JazzHR