|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
What We're Looking For
Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Function as a client service leader for the Houston Airport Systems (HAS) and ensure the firm is delivering on project assignments. Interfacing with the client, developing opportunities and negotiating future assignments and assisting position to pursue future work. Serves as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction. Handles the most complex projects of the largest magnitude.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Provide oversight and management of the scope of work, budget and schedule for the project, including risk and change management.
- Serve as the principal point of contact for management of all contracts associated with the project.
- Ensure effective and timely communication between the various project teams, stakeholders and owner's teams.
- Support the firms goal of building the HNTB Aviation Practice with Houston Airport Systems
- Provide overall management of the project team during design, construction, testing, acceptance and turn-over of the project, including oversight of the implementation of:
- Phased demolition of the existing infrastructure.
- Temporary facilities during construction.
- Phased construction of new buildings and associated infrastructure.
- Facilitation of collaborative communication between all stakeholders for successful delivery of the project as a part of the overall program.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 15 years related experience
- RLA, RA, AICP
- History of successful leadership on complex projects
- Previous experience leading projects and teams on complex projects
- Experience with Houston Airport Systems, staff and understanding of their business processes
What You'll Need
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client's satisfaction. Leads client contract scoping and negotiations.
- Leads and prepares design documents, technical plans, and written reports on projects.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Responsible for/oversees project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, hiring, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships and pursuit efforts for mega and super mega projects in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for mini-mega, mega or super mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Typically responsible for management of project team(s) for one or more mini-mega ($1M to $25M) project management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Engineering, Geology, Biology, Environmental Science, Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field and 12 years relevant experience
- 4 years of successful management of projects
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-07160 Full Time #AL #Aviation #ProjectManager
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our country. You don't have to look far to see our impact. For more than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering extraordinary value.
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our communities.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual with a disability or limited English proficiency and need assistance or an accommodation, please email or call .
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work