|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
* Responsible in applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate, and verify cyber solutions across the life cycle.
* Responsible to verify and validate cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, and analysis of mitigation solutions
* Responsible to test cyber security features and tools.
* Responsible for working within a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce secure deliverable products as part of an Agile team.
* Responsible to conduct cyber security tests and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
* Employ cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques, and tools and assure their consistent application.
* Assess build readiness based on informal data gathering and the ability to differentiate the need and application of smoke, system, regression, white box, and black box testing.
* Software testing responsibilities include executing software development life cycle activities from software requirements, design, and implementation through design verification.
* Multi-tier software integration and testing.
* Must develop software test strategies including regression analysis.
* Responsible for developing test plans and test cases for software components.
* Review code changes and discuss approaches to testing and ensure change sets are testable.
* Responsible for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development and on-market.
* Able to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required.
* Integrate automated development tools (e.g. static code analysis, unit test, spec verification, etc.).
* Verify build scripts and installers.
* Define scope of testing in support of software releases.
* Support Operating System (OS) patch implementations.
* This is an experienced individual contributor position. However, input from developers is required in order to fully understand software changes.
* Activities will be under the guidance of a more senior engineer or Software Program Manager, with direction from a Program Manager.
* Accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including schedule and quality requirements and compliance.
* Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities with other software engineers and review other software engineers work.
A major cutting-edge, global-leading medical device/technology leader is seeking a Sr. Software Automation Engineer - Cybersecurity to develop and execute tests to test specific ongoing code changes performed by the development team. It is expected that understanding, compilation, code review, and collaboration with developers will be necessary to design the tests manual or automated dependent on specific scenarios. Will participate in a team-oriented environment to test cyber security implementations, user interface, business rules, data accuracy, or embedded system inputs and outputs. The job function can include providing technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance for more junior engineers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering is required.
* 5-7 years experience covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment, programming in scripting, and test automation tools.
* Associates Degree is acceptable with a minimum of 10 years professional experience in a related job function.
* MS is preferred. M.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
* Experience in performing cybersecurity activities in support of software and system requirements, design, development, testing, and sustainment will be a plus.
* Knowledge of Threat modeling, vulnerability, and compliance assessments and mitigation
* Knowledge of attack and counter measure and system protection plans.
* Experience in Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to deliver applications.
* Experience in working in continuous integration and deployment environment.
* Experience in working in Medical instrument development or controlled and heavily-regulated environment.
* Experience in NIST Risk Management Framework and Software Assurance measures and practices.
* Knowledge of DoD cybersecurity requirements, DISA STIGs, policies, and procedures.
* Experience in Atlassian suite - Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence.