|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Reporting to the Plant Controller, this position is responsible for supporting monthly accounting and finance activities to drive operational improvement and process efficiency. The staff accountant ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded and ensures the accuracy of entries while gaining exposure to complex tasks associated with the plant operations.
Month-end close and Financial Analysis
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation during the corporate monthly financial close.
- Assist the Plant Controller with performing balance sheet reconciliations during the corporate monthly financial close.
- Assist the Plant Controller with completing forecasts and the annual budget.
- Support analyses to improve forecast accuracy and operational decision making.
Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders
- Receive and reconcile invoices to purchase orders, purchase requisitions, and receiving reports for goods and services (three-way matching)
- Obtain appropriate approval for payment of invoices received that do not have a purchase requisition or purchase order number.
- Ensure that appropriate sales tax is either included on the vendor invoice or tracked on a daily log to assist Plant Controller with the monthly accrual and payment.
- Ensure transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate coding and timely processing of invoices. Investigate and resolve all discrepancies associated with the processing of invoices.
- Ensure all documentation supporting invoices are combined and filed and maintain a monthly recurring payment log and ensure all vendors are paid within terms.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are scanned and saved with appropriate naming convention for posting by the Regional AP Team Lead.
- Review the coding of purchase orders and confirm the appropriate accounting treatment of invoices including prepaid expenses and fixed assets.
- Take weekly and monthly inventories, including raw material, spare parts, and consumable inventories.
- Ensure the accurate accounting of finished goods inventory shipped from the operating plant location to the port location.
- Monitor the plant's load out function to ensure that all loads leaving are recorded in the software system daily.
- Effective communication with the port's Office Manager to ensure that all loads leaving the plant were subsequently received by the port.
- Timely resolution of any daily reconciling items or potential inventory discrepancies.
- At least 2-4 years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, Finance, or related quantitative field
- Experience processing a high volume of invoices and/or purchase orders
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities, manage time efficiently and follow policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, or similar ERP system).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Meticulous and self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Minimal travel may be required to other Enviva plant locations.
- Willing and able to work an industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as needed.