|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Trades & Services
First Brands Group, LLC is the parent company of many of the automotive industries most recognizable OEM and Aftermarket brands. First Brands Group is a privately held organization and leader in automotive repair and maintenance products. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with operations found around the globe, we are a team of professionals dedicated to building profitable, enduring growth among all our customers with an unrelenting drive to exceed customer's expectations.
At First Brands Group, we have an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to be based at our Brake Parts Inc. offices in McHenry, Illinois. First Brands and Brake Parts are growing, and we are looking for a hard-working and self-motivated Staff Accountant to join our accounting department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, general ledger account analyses and assist with monthly close processes.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accurately record intra/inter-company transactions and ensure all locations are in balance on a monthly basis.
- Respond to internal and external information requests, review of financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Responsible for daily banking transactions and accurate record keeping.
- Handle the Concur travel expense reporting system and credit card procurement for all employees.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1-3 years accounting experience; preferably in manufacturing environment.
- Solid Understanding of GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills; solid skills in other Office products
- Oracle experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work and interact at all levels of an organization.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status