|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Reporting to the Director of Design Services, the Structural Engineer is responsible for structural design supporting Construction Services, Sales, and Operations teams and development of future modular building solutions that are specific to unique markets and project applications.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design of structural components and site specific foundation systems for commercial modular buildings.
· Preparation of construction documents, calculations and studies of structural systems as needed for projects.
· Research, develop, and evaluate structural products.
· Interaction with internal teams, clients, and regulatory agencies on projects.
· Represent WillScot in trade and industry organizations.
Qualifications (Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required)
· Licensed Professional Engineer for Seven to ten (7-10) years.
· Currently licensed or is able to obtain multi state licenses including California PE license
· Preferred industries include commercial construction working for an A/E firm, GC or CM.
· Experienced in the design of wood framing as well as steel framing systems for commercial construction.
· Experienced in the design of wood and concrete floor systems.
· Expertise and working knowledge of International Codes -ICC, AISC, and ACI.
· Previous experience with modular and off-site construction is preferred but not essential.
· Good computer skills including mastery of key software programs used daily to produce and communicate designs. CAD, including: Revit and/or 3-D design software. MS Office Suite Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
· Structural Modeling Software a plus
· Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects
· Must be a team builder and enjoy training / mentoring others.
· BS in Structural Engineering or BS Architectural Engineering or BS in Civil Engineering specializing in Buildings.
· Computer work 100% of the time.
· Sitting 100% of time for computer work and file organization.
· Occasional as required to assembly location(s), branch offices, customer sites for information collection, installation review, or training and development.