|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
Specific duties include structural planning, designing, engineering and some construction document production utilizing Revit software. Additional duties include assistance with specification writing and construction administration activities.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural/Civil Engineering from an accredited institution with an emphasis or specific training in structural engineering for building environments
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
- Seven or more years of structural engineering
- Established track record of complete structural system design for buildings
- Building types include higher education, corporate/commercial and industrial facilities. Experience in one or more of these types of facilities is not a requirement, but is preferred.
- Experience with steel and concrete design is required; masonry and wood experience is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential along with strong listening, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, field personnel and internal staff
- Ability to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel and internal staff to achieve deadlines and quality work
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team/collaborative setting
Must be self-motivated:
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations and requirements along with thorough knowledge of building materials and construction methods
- Understanding of procedures and sequencing of construction documents
- Ability to organize and prioritize personal workload and make necessary adjustments to meet deadlines; must be results oriented and milestone driven
- Ability to work with modest supervision and guidance
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to apply logical steps to problem solving
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), specialized structural engineering software (eg. RAM Software, RISA, etc.); Revit experience is preferred
Powered by JazzHR