|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Tosoh Bioscience, Inc., based in South San Francisco, CA is a U.S. subsidiary of Tosoh Corporation's Bioscience Division, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Established in the United States in 1989, Tosoh Bioscience has become known throughout the Americas for providing sophisticated diagnostic systems to doctor's offices, hospitals and reference laboratories. Tosoh remains at the forefront with a world class network of research facilities, scientists, engineers and customer support specialists.
This position reports to the Regional Service Supervisor or Regional Service Manager. This field-based position is responsible for providing onsite service and telephone support of Tosoh instrumentation and associated peripheral components at customer facilities within a designated geographical area. This position will provide high level service quality while ensuring compliance with all company policies & procedures. This individual will need to maintain an understanding of FDA and ISO quality system requirements. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must have strong technical skills; be enthusiastic, positive, dependable and customer focused.
· A minimum of two years field service support of medical equipment or equivalent experience
· An associate degree in electronics, military technical training, or equivalent education
· Must have and maintain valid US driver's license and acceptable driving record
· Must be proficient in Windows 7/8/10 operating software and Microsoft Office; ability to learn and become proficient in other software programs as required
· Must be able to read and interpret electronic schematics, fluidic diagrams and mechanical drawings
· Experience using a digital multimeter, have basic electronic soldering skills, and other general electronic technician competencies
· Solid verbal and written communications skills
· Good organizational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain all documentation at the highest levels of accuracy using good documentation practices
· Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to understand, follow through, and resolve instrument issues and the needs of Tosoh Bioscience customers
· Possess a sense of urgency to deliver timely results and resolve issues quickly
· Must be willing to travel overnight and by air as business requires, up to 65% of the time and reside within 1 hour of the Denver airport.
· Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact(s) and draw valid conclusions. In addition, the ability to interpret technical instructions in both mathematical and diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables Experience working in an FDA or ISO regulated medical device industry
· Working knowledge of quality system requirements and the willingness to adapt to Tosoh's Quality System
· Must be willing to submit to random drug test and background check
· Must pass a physical abilities test
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and company, the FSE is directly responsible for the installation, repair, periodic maintenance and servicing of Tosoh instrumentation by providing superior service to achieve the highest level of instrument performance. Specific job duties are listed below;
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and schedule maintenance on Tosoh instruments
- Overnight and air travel required. Frequency and duration will vary depending on business needs. Travel may be immediate or scheduled in advance.
- International travel possible and the ability to obtain a valid passport is required
- Provide cross coverage for other FSE territories & customers as needed
- Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner as required by company policy or as directed by management
- Responsible for the organization, management and control of trunk stock parts inventory
- Fully comply with all servicing procedures, quality systems requirements and compliance
- Collaborate with Instrument Service Center (ISC) personnel in refurbishing of Tosoh instruments
- Maintain compliance in all work activities
- Responsible for making travel arrangements (booking hotels, air travel) and other transportation required in supporting Tosoh customers
- Perform other duties as prescribed by service management
This position requires visits to customer sites which are medical facilities. These facilities may have certain requirements which TOSOH representatives must meet to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background, and health screening. Employment is contingent on your compliance with the requirements established by each facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screenings.
This position requires personnel to work in on instrumentation which may pose a biohazard risk. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fumes, airborne particles, toxic chemicals are all potential elements of risk in performing job tasks related to servicing Tosoh analyzers/instruments. Although Tosoh provides all necessary equipment and training, there is an ever present bio-hazard danger in the work environment.
The job requires the employee to work under the following environmental conditions:
- Work in a biohazard environment
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Work near fumes or airborne particles
- Work near caustic chemicals
- Work with risk of electrical shock
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, carry, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Requires the ability to lift to mid-chest 77 pounds or carry up to 50 pounds.
Note: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required to be successful. Additional duties may be assigned in the future as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential functions.
The salary range for this position has been established at $70,000 - $73,000. The salary of the candidate selected will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the Company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The Company offers a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits, including bonus/commission plan in addition to base salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with Company match, four weeks paid time off per year for new employees in addition to company paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for promotion and career development.
TBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans