|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Manager of Technical Accounting is responsible for the timely and accurate application and interpretation by Enviva of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP). The manager assists with evaluating all material transactions and events as early as when they are anticipated, through review and execution, and through when they are fully accounted for and disclosed. The manager partners with leaders throughout Enviva to assist them in understanding and, where permissible, optimizing financial statement implications, and to develop policies and training that are accurate, informative and easy to apply.
- Create technical memoranda, accounting policies and training, and other documentation to address material transactions/events to support the accounting, based on research and analysis of authoritative and interpretative guidance, to current and future internal users and auditors.
- Establish relationships across Enviva to timely become aware of and understand potential and actual transactions and events in order to collaborate and advise on all accounting implications, after analyzing the complexities and rationale for the transaction/event and all relevant GAAP.
- Establish, maintain and provide expertise on current and upcoming U.S. GAAP, including all those related to revenue and costs, acquisitions, inventory, long-lived assets, leases, financial instruments, related-party activities, contingences, compensation, presentation & disclosure.
- Assist with relevant projects for Accounting, such as around acquisitions and new pronouncements.
- Effectively support balances, conclusions & disclosures to internal stakeholders & to auditors.
- Improve self & others continuously with strong project, change and stakeholder management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, with 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- CPA; active license status.
- Minimum 3 years in public accounting; working with public clients.
- Ability to research technical accounting matters and prepare-well written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters to both well versed accountants and non-finance stakeholders.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) experience and the ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks, comfortable working in unstructured environment.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with implementing solutions to accounting issues relevant to manufacturing or energy
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience