|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Telematics Installer.
EquipmentShare is searching for a Telematics Installer to join our team in the Tulsa, OK, market.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare's product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare's rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it's a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we've built into our rental fleet. And it's just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow with Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer's experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We're seeking a Telematics Installer who loves a challenge and wants the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you'll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- Install our telematics system and devices on vehicles, construction equipment and heavy equipment
- Confidently remove and replace ignition systems with our custom keypad and controller, then integrate communication between keypad and telematics systems
- Work through a variety of installation scenarios ranging from basic (power, ignition, ground) to complex (requiring custom wiring harnesses when accessing the CAN network of both vehicles and equipment)
- Identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information and develop alternative solutions if required
- Occasionally travel to client sites or various EquipmentShare rental yards throughout the region for installation cases
- Serve as an advocate for the EquipmentShare platform of solutions and brand while on the job and in the field
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that's long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- You've got mechanical aptitude, meaning you're good with your hands and with tools. This isn't a typical installation job, but if you're hard-working, eager to learn and mechanically inclined, then you may be a good fit.
- You have experience in a related field. You might have experience as an electrician, HVAC tech, car audio installer, etc. Prior experience in the telematics industry is not necessary; we will train you.
- You have your own tools, but a few specialty tools will be provided.
- You're a hard worker with excellent attention to detail.
- You must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a background check.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent (a Trade School certificate is also preferred).
- You must be open to traveling within a 100-mile radius of our local branch.
Why We're a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we've had explosive growth-and we're not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we'd love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V