|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
We are looking for a Territory Account Manager - ideal candidate has sales experience in tools, precision components, have worked and sold for manufacturing environments preferrably surface coating technologies on tools, precision components, forming plastics, etc. ,
The candidate must reside in Southern Georgia or Florida.
You will focus primarily on developing NEW business and applications where coating on cutting tools, forming tools and components are beneficial for the customers cost saving efforts. The TAM will be required to manage existing accounts in the cutting tools, mold and die, punching and forming segments in the territory. This position is also responsible for generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating services to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The TAM will be required to provide a consultative selling approach, requiring the TAM to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding tools arriving for treatment.
- Manage existing accounts in Northern OH and Western PA for all market segments and customer activities
- Develop NEW business by working with production staff and Product Managers as needed
- Manage NEW growth projects by themselves and orchestrate support functions
- Document test results in detail and interact with segment experts nationwide and globally to solve upcoming challenges
- Grow current territory accounts, manage growth projects Perform prospecting in the area for future business
- Must be involved in special projects as needed
- Maintain relevant customer/account information using Balzers CRM database
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering; equivalent experience may substitute
- 5+ years of experience selling in a Business-to-Business environment
- 5+ years of experience with service or consultative sales approach required
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability
- Machining / tooling background / industry knowledge
- CRM knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline
- Expert working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required
- Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role
- Must be willing to travel overnight 60% to Northern Oh and Western PA
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15,000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries. Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology.
What We Offer:
We have an amazing benefits package including medical insurance (with low deductibles and company pays majority of the contributions towards the premiums), dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, 401(K) with a generous match which starts on your first Day, Short and Long Term Disability paid by the company, Life Insurance, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick/personal time, company car. If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your resume.