|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Construction Inspector - USDA Apalachicola Florida
Project Solutions is seeking qualified candidates to preform trail inspections for road clearing and debris removal in the Apalachicola National Forest located in Florida. The following position is a contract based position lasting 1 year. Inspectors will travel independently or with a team, to multiple sites in the Apalachicola National Forest area. Inspectors shall perform a variety of project administrative needs including, but not limited to, scheduling inspections, filling out daily reports, and collection of data during observations and maintaining electronic records. Being able to evaluate and solve unforeseen field conditions is an essential part of the role. Our inspectors work as part of a team that strives to provide the highest level of service, improvement and community health and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 6 to 8 years of trail inspection and land clearing experience
- Check the Contractor's performance to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date and documented contract file.
- Maintain relations with the Contractor and his representative that are most beneficial to work progress and the Agency's best interest.
- Ensure that all construction activities comply with contract requirements and work is performed in accordance with good construction principles.
- Verify that materials and equipment incorporated into the project meet contract requirements.
- Monitor contract labor requirements.
- Provide adequate and accurate reports.
- Ensure that building construction safety guidelines are met.
- Verify that approved Contractor submittals are available before work is performed.
- Verify that actual construction progress agrees with approved progress schedules.
- Notify the COR immediately if unanticipated archeological materials are encountered during construction so that appropriate action may be taken to preserve such materials.
- Monitoring contract compliance with appropriate Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Maintain a contract daily diary for each day on the project, covering type of activities, number of work shifts, units of major equipment operating, and progress of work in relation to program schedules , physical difficulties encountered, weather conditions, and other matters considered of importance in the execution of the job.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Documented and demonstrated experience/education in concrete inspection.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of relevant quality assurance inspection in above listed positions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Travel throughout the National Forest will be required
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.
Powered by JazzHR