|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Trades & Services
We are excited to launch this opportunity for diverse men and women experienced in warehouse building maintenance with a large home improvement retail company.
- The individual in this role will be trained in safety protocols and basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and plumbing concepts, while performing simple preventive maintenance tasks such as forklift battery and light bulb replacement.
- Through on-the-job experiences, this individual will gain a more detailed understanding of the RDC building structures, systems, and equipment, and will progress from simple, to basic, to more complex, preventive maintenance tasks. This individual also has the opportunity to work with Maintenance Mechanics to develop basic repair skills and assist with more complex maintenance activities.
What We're Looking For
- Required to work a set schedule (4 nights / week, Monday - Thursday) that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
- Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
- Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
RDC Maintenance Utility is an entry-level position for the Maintenance organization that initially requires entry level mechanical and electrical aptitude, basic tool knowledge, as well as the desire and ability to work with and learn from others. Note Some states have specific regulations concerning this type of work, and those regulations will supersede the training noted here if applicable.
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Strong safety orientation and proven record of complying with safety requirements
- Able to see objects and discriminate color
- High school diploma/ GED equivalent or technical school graduate
- 2 years of experience in maintenance or related area
- Experience working with specialized tools (e.g., welders, torches, cranes/lifting devices, pipe benders, threaders, horizontal saws, voltmeters, hydrometers, etc.)
- Experience reading blueprints, schematics, and other technical drawings
- Experience operating various maintenance and operations vehicles and equipment
- Experience using hand and power tools
We offer a competitive hourly rate, full & part-time benefits, tuition reimbursement, bonus eligible, paid time off, and an associate discount program.